Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before completing and submitting your application. By submitting your application for the Entrepreneurship Center, you accept and agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Applicant is a current South Carolina resident.
- The product and/or company for which Application is applying must be agribusiness related, and specifically related to one or more of the following categories:
- Specialty crops
- Fruits and vegetables
- Tree nuts
- Dried fruits
- Nursery crops
- Other foods (for ex. honey, cheese, milk, eggs, etc.)
- Row crops
- Mechanical Harvesting
- Agribusiness Technology
- Specialty crops
- If Applicant is accepted to participate in the Program:
- Applicant must attend three mandatory in-person agribusiness sessions on the following dates: October 23, November 6 and November 20;
- At the conclusion of the sessions, Applicant must attend a mandatory pitch day in Columbia on December 11 for the Applicant to present his or her idea and/or prototype to a panel for scoring; and
- Applicant must pay a $100 Participation Fee (cash or check)
- Fee will be paid at October 23 meeting.
- The $100 Participation Fee will be returned upon the Applicant’s completion of all three sessions and pitch day.
- If the Applicant misses a class or the pitch presentation without a valid excuse, as determined by ACRE, the $100 Participation Fee will NOT be returned to the Applicant.
- The top five presenters, as scored by a panel, will each be awarded $5,000.
- If Applicant misses a session without a valid excuse, as determined by ACRE, the Applicant will NOT be eligible to receive the cash award.
- Applications are due on or before September 28 for review. All Applicants will be notified of their application status by October 15.
- Cash awards are not guaranteed and ACRE reserves the right to base all cash awards on participation. ACRE encourages full participation in the program and wants all participants to get the most out of the EC.
Please direct any questions you may have to Kyle Player (803-734-2324 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
ATTN: Kyle Player
South Carolina Department of Agriculture
P.O. Box 11280
Columbia, SC 29211